Sunday, July 8, 2007

relativist...

Main Entry: rel·a·tiv·ism Pronunciation: 're-l&-ti-"vi-z&mFunction: noun
1 a : a theory that knowledge is relative to the limited nature of the mind and the conditions of knowing b : a view that ethical truths depend on the individuals and groups holding them
2 : RELATIVITY - rel·a·tiv·ist /-vist/ noun

I've been called many, many things...but relativist? OK, I admit, part of this I can accept...but "knowledge is relative to the limited nature of the mind and the conditions of knowing"?

Fuck.

I had no idea...

But then again, Part B, does speak volumes...


I do believe that we are all given, mostly without knowing, an innate sense of "the rules"...to oneself, and to each other...but that, of course, is an assumption. It assumes that each of us was taught something...which allows us to tap into this set of guidelines, as it were, that helps us in each and every decision we face on a daily basis... "Do I do this, or that?" It's a simple equation really, but one that few seem to get, but that in of itself is an arrogance I suppose...

Damn it! I guess that "nothing is real, nothing truly exists" bullshit is actually true...

Relativist.

I can live with that.

No comments: